NAC is Seeking a new Exhibitions Manager
December 31, 2016
The New Art Center is currently seeking a Exhibitions Manager.
Job Title: Exhibitions Manager
Supervisor: Development & Communications Manager
FLSA Status: Executive Director (40 hours per week)
- Organize, manage and implement exhibition program of 10 - 14 exhibitions per year in two galleries of 2,500 and 400 sf. and three satellite locations during a 9-month exhibition season . Manage 5-7 receptions and 10-15 public programs per year.
- Manage proposal and review process for two proposal calls per year.
- Work with independent curators, artists, community partner organizations, NAC students and faculty to create a spectrum of exhibitions with artists ranging from students and community members to those with national and international reputations.
- Work as a team member with faculty and staff to develop, promote and implement dynamic programs for NAC art students and the public; artist residencies, discussions, lectures, performances, demonstrations, didactic materials and other interactive engagements with the experience of art.
- Organize and direct docent program. Recruit, train and develop students and other volunteers to interpret exhibitions, engage the public and encourage engagement with contemporary art. Manage schedule of gallery attendants/docents to ensure presence during gallery hours, 1-6pm, Tuesday - Saturday when exhibitions are open.
- Document exhibition program and maintain archives.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in fine arts or equivalent, and familiarity with contemporary curatorial practice required, Master’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years experience in a gallery or non-profit setting working with contemporary art, artists and curators. Curatorial experience a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills interpreting contemporary art and art education.
- HTML coding knowledge preferred
- Experience managing interns/volunteers, including intern education.
- Installation experience.
- Gallery and studio art education experience with adults and children a plus.
- Microsoft Office skills required. FilemakerPro skills a plus.
- Ability to be self-directed and work alone when necessary
- Exceptional ability to multi-task and remain focused in a busy, high energy environment
Things to Know:
- This position is 40 hours per week, with a schedule that includes Saturdays and occasional evenings.
- The position is eligible for overtime and generous benefits including health insurance coverage with an employer contribution (currently set at 75%), generous paid time off, short term disability insurance and access to group dental insurance.
- Please send your resume and cover letter telling us why you are the perfect fit for this position. Also be sure to include, what inspires you about our mission and how might you help us achieve our goals.
- Send materials electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is open until filled but for priority consideration.
« Return to Current News Listing