October 25, 2018
The New Art Center is currently seeking a Marketing and Communications Manager
Job Title: Marketing and Communications Manager
Supervisor: Executive Director
FLSA Status: Non-exempt, full-time
About our organization: The New Art Center is a community art space which offers everyone exceptional opportunities to make, exhibit, view, think about, and talk about art.
Position Details: The Marketing & Communications Manager will develop and coordinate strategy and implementation of all marketing and communication for the New Art Center, under the supervision and direction of the Executive Director and in coordination with the Development Coordinator and the Deputy Director of Programs.
- Develop and implement marketing and branding strategy through the creation and distribution of all web and print communications:
- Design and schedule email marketing campaigns
- Design, write and produce website content
- Promote events, classes, and community through social media outreach
- Design and produce print collateral including course catalogs, brochures, advertisements, flyers, internal signage, and press releases
- Oversee schedule of marketing projects and deadlines, work with team members to maintain timely production
- Coordinate collateral distribution by obtaining sandwich board permits and contracting distributors
- Assist with a range of marketing events, including community, donor appreciation activities, presentations and community outreach activities
- Work with Development Coordinator and Executive Director to create communications plans and collateral for annual appeals and fundraising events
- Evaluate programs and ROI for collateral and marketing activities using analytics and surveys, summarize and communicate data to colleages
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and Requirements: This position requires a high energy, engaging, and proactive problem solver who represents our organization in a professional, caring, and customer-focused manner. In addition to exceptional attention to detail, this position requires:
- Fluent knowledge of graphic design and marketing tools (Office, InDesign, Photoshop, and mass email platforms); electronic and print design experience required, as well as a love of visual communication.
- Excellent written and graphic communication skills
- Experience with database technology, FileMaker Pro preferred
- Experience with WordPress websites preferred; some CSS coding preferred
- Ability to multi-task and remain focused in a busy, high energy environment
- A positive, helpful attitude and friendly etiquette while talking to students, faculty, donors, community members, and vendors
Physical Demands: (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Requires someone to sit for long periods of time.
- Requires ability to lift and carry heavy objects (up to 20 lbs) on a periodic basis.
Work Environment: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Work performed in an office environment and studio/exhibition environment.
- Occasional travel to offsite locations.
- Work in an historic building with dust, humidity and moisture.
The position is full-time, exempt and eligible for generous benefits including health insurance coverage with an employer contribution (currently set at 75%), generous paid time off, short-term disability insurance and access to group dental insurance. NAC is a non-profit, equal-opportunity employer. We serve over 7,000 students and visitors each year with hundreds of classes, workshops, exhibitions, lectures and interactive art experiences of all kinds. Our faculty includes some of the region’s most esteemed art educators, and our exhibitions range from family- and community-focused to regionally significant, cutting-edge contemporary art. We offer an inclusive, multi-generational approach to the experience of art in a setting that is beautiful, historical, welcoming and conveniently located, serving children, teens and adults at all skill levels since 1977.
Contact Information: Please forward your letter of interest and resume to email@example.com or by mail to:
New Art Center
61 Washington Park
Newtonville, MA 02460