How does your gift help? You support scholarship and community outreach programs for approximately 15% of our student body, including weekly, private outreach classes for developmentally delayed young adults and for women and families healing from domestic violence. You provide full and partial scholarship support for adults and children as well as materials and art supplies for kids with demonstrated financial need.
You enable more than 450+ classes and workshops for adults, teens, and children taught by some of the region’s most esteemed educators. In fact, more than 2,600 students from 56 different municipalities enrolled in our classes this year alone!
You support the community-at-large with free art experiences to ensure everyone has access to quality arts programming, including exhibitions with regular openings, drop-in family days for art-making, use and maintenance of our historic home for community meetings, socializing, and learning – all free and open to the public.
With your help we offer:
- Year-round classes with talented professionals, for people of all ages
- Vacation programs where kids form lifelong friendships and share a love of art
- Scholarships for students not otherwise able to participate
- Art experiences tailored for developmentally disabled young adults
- Community celebrations, such as Newton Open Studios
- Classes for women and families sheltering from domestic violence
- Free Family Drop-in days
- Free public exhibitions and gallery talks
Even more important are the less quantifiable results of donor support: building a thriving arts community, which makes Newton more welcoming and livable for all. Thank you tremendously for all that you have done!