Four Ways to Register
- Online here
- Call 617-964-3424
- Mail the registration form from our course catalog
- Come by the Main Office: 61 Washington Park, Newton MA 02460
New Art Center gift certificates are available in any dollar amount to use towards all classes and workshops.
- Register early so that your class will run! Courses will be confirmed approximately a week before class begins, if there are enough students to run the class.
- When registering online, you will receive a transaction receipt.
- Materials are not provided for adult classes other than ceramics, unless noted in the description.
- Materials ARE provided for all ceramics classes, teen, and children’s classes.
- Materials lists can be found on our website, www.newartcenter.org
- New Art Center follows best practices for artists working in oil-based paints: All solvents, rags and waste must be removed from the building at the end of class. No disposal or storage of solvents or oil-based paints is permitted. If solvents must be used, please use the safest solvent, Gamsol. Absolutely no turpentine, turpenoid, or odorless paint thinners. New Art Center staff and teachers can answer questions about safe practices.
- Insufficient Enrollment: The New Art Center will make a full refund for any class cancelled due to insufficient enrollment.
- Withdrawal: Up to 10 days before the first class, you may withdraw for a refund, less a $25 administrative fee per class. No tuition refunds or credits will be made after that time. Withdrawals from classes, workshops, and events under $40 are eligible for course credit only, less a $10 fee. Course credits are good for 1 year from the date of issue.
- Late Registration: Registration after classes begin is permitted with faculty approval.
- Absences: No refunds will be made for student absences.
- Scholarships: Limited scholarships are available according to need. Please email for an application.
- Media Release: New Art Center Programs are sometimes videotaped or photographed for publicity in catalogs, newspapers, radio, television, or on our social media pages. Permission to be included in publicity is implied by enrollment. Please contact the office in writing if you or your child do not wish to be included in publicity.
Weather-Related Closures and Delays
Closings and delays due to inclement weather will be posted on the homepage of our website, www.newartcenter.org. The New Art Center generally follows the Newton Public Schools for closures. For delays, and for evening and weekend classes, please check our website, or call for information. If needed, there will be one make-up class per term to be held the week after the term ends. (No refunds for weather-related closings.)
The New Art Center has a small parking lot located off Madison Ave. Street parking is also available.Please do not block or park in neighbor’s driveways on Washington Park or Madison Ave. This includes parking temporarily to pick up/drop off a student, pick up/drop off art supplies, or any other reason. If you have special circumstances, please contact the New Art Center office to make needed accommodations.
Storage of Artwork
There is limited storage for student artwork at New Art Center. All artwork must be removed by students by the last day of the term.
- Please notify the New Art Center office of any special circumstances, needs or requirements.
- Trained service animals are welcome, and must be under the owner’s control at all times.
- The Main Gallery is wheelchair accessible, with an accessible lavatory.
- Students must be able to function independently or be accompanied by an aide.
- Children may not self-administer medications. Please leave prescriptions with the New Art Center office staff.
- The New Art Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Discounts cannot be combined.
Early Registration Discounts available online. Please call the office for more information and to register using discounts (other than early registration).
EARLY REGISTRATION SAVINGS EACH SEMESTER! Watch for dates.
NEW STUDENT DISCOUNT: 15% off regular tuition rate for classes 6 weeks or longer.
FAMILY/MULTI-CLASS DISCOUNT: For two classes, take $20 off; for three classes, take $30 off.
Only one coupon may be used per household, per semester. Coupons can only be used for classes, events, and programming at time of initial registration. Coupons cannot be used for classes, events, and programming already registered for. Coupon codes may be used in addition to our Early Registration Discount and Gift Certificates. We do not accept expired coupons. We do not give cash back if the value of a coupon is greater than the purchase value of the registration. New Art Center has the right to refuse, or limit the use of any coupon for any reason.
Children’s Special Circumstances
Parents must notify the office about any medical conditions, allergies, learning styles, social needs, or other special circumstances that might affect your child’s participation in the program, at the start of each term. Medications must remain in the New Art Center office, children may not self-administer any medications.
Ceramics Studio Guidelines
All students receive one 25 pound bag of clay, included in tuition. Up to 3 additional bags of clay can be purchased for $25 each. There may be an additional firing charge, if artworks measure more than the cubic allocation of 4,000 cubic inches per person, per class, of $.04 per cubic inch. View PDF of full clay policies here.