Calls for Artists
Our open call for artists are available to current New Art Center faculty, staff, and students. Selected applicants will be awarded either a solo exhibition or a place in a group exhibition.
The Creative Process Call for Entries
The Creative Process: The Andrew & Jean Dibner Annual Student and Faculty Show is our yearly exhibition featuring student and faculty work from the past year. We invite students and instructors from September 2019 – May 2020 to submit one work created in a class. The Creative Process will be on view from May 31st through June 6th, with a very special opening reception, New Art Sundae, on May 31st. Faculty work, displayed in the Holzwasser Gallery, will be on view into September. For more information contact
- Deadline: May 9th
- Art Drop-Off: April 15 – May 9
- Eligibility: Students and instructors from September 2019 – May 2020 can display one piece of artwork
- Requirements: Work must be no more than 48-in wide. Work must be ready to hang. Collaborative projects welcome!
- Apply: Fill Out This Form
Holzwasser Gallery Call for Entries
The Holzwasser Gallery was created in 1991 thanks to a generous donation from Mary Holzwasser (1912-2003), an artist, student, New Art Center board member, and lifelong patron of the arts. Holzwasser Gallery exhibitions enhance the learning available in our studios and enliven the conversation about teaching, learning and participating in the arts by providing New Art Center students, faculty, staff, and volunteers an opportunity to present their work in a professional gallery. The gallery is approximately 300 square feet with 18-foot ceilings and about 67 linear feet of wall space.
- Deadline: Rolling basis.
- Eligibility: Must have worked, taught, taken a class, volunteered, at the New Art Center within the past year of application.
- Apply To: , subject line “Holzwasser Gallery Application”.
- Application Materials: Artist Statement (Less than 1 page), Artist CV, and 4 images that represent your work.
Satellite Gallery Call for Entries
The New Art Center is pleased to display work of faculty and students at the offices of Freedman Healthcare LCC, and the Newton Highlands and Newtonville branches of Brookline Bank. Applications for these satellite galleries are accepted on a rolling basis.